Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Book Review: The Girl Who Drank the Moon By Kelly Barnhill

The Girl Who Drank the Moon Cover Image


Book Review: The Girl Who Drank the Moon By Kelly Barnhill

I read The Girl Who Drank the Moon in about a week! When I first got the book, my initial thoughts were that I really like the concept, and I wondered if what perspective they would tell it from - the witch? the girl? the townspeople? Enjoyably, they told it from the perspective of the witch, the girl, 4 main characters in the town, and the Bog monster. 



Dealing with Dragons Cover ImageThe Girl Who Drank the Moon reminded me of Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede, one of my childhood favorites. The chapters titles and writing had a similar style. 


I throughly enjoyed The Girl Who Drank the Moon, even though it was a little slow in the middle. I loved the concept and the way all the stories intertwined over the years and families, it was incredibly detailed and I enjoyed learning more about the witch and her relationship to the other characters. I would have liked to know more about her background, but I understood that the story had to keep moving. All in all, I would highly recommend this book! 

2 comments:

  1. I am the librarian at Disney here in Chicago and have heard wonderful things about you from other staff here. I saw your link to this blog post on LMNet and recognized your name and school. Dealing with Dragons was one of my childhood favorites as well so I'll have to look into this title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This made my day! I hope you enjoy the book, and please let me know what you thought of it! Thanks again!

      Delete