Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy April Fools' Day!

I saw this idea on Pinterest: http://hafuboti.com/2013/04/01/library-fools/

I thought it was completely hilarious and wanted to do something similar...so I made up my own!
Our 2 most checked out easy fiction books [Fly Guy (Tedd Arnold)
and Gingerbread Man (Mike Lowery)] 
...had to combine them!
 
Our 2 most checked out fiction books [Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (Jeff Kinney)
and Juliet the Valentine Fairy (Daisy Meadows)]...had to combine them!

My absolute favorite:


The whole board:

Want them? Click here! 
I realize that this probably goes against all kinds of copyright rules,
BUT all the works are cited in the document and after my signature!
I love all the author and illustrator ideas and wanted to play and share my new silly ideas!

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you use this silly idea too! I would love to hear your wonderful ideas!

Keep reading! 
Mrs. Thakkar
Donate to Ogden Library's Current Donor's Choose Project today

Works Cited:
Arnold, Tedd. Hi! Fly Guy. New York: Scholastic, 2005. 
Bridwell, Norman. Clifford, the Big Red Dog. New York: Scholastic, 1985. 
Kinney, Jeff. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck. New York: Amulet, 2013. 
Meadows, Daisy. Juliet the Valentine Fairy. New York: Scholastic Paperbacks, 2009. 
Murray, Laura, and Mike Lowery. The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2011. 
Seuss, Dr. Horton Hears a Who! New York: Random House, 1954. 
Watt, Melanie. Scaredy Squirrel. Toronto: Kids Can, 2006. 
Willems, Mo. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. New York: Hyperion for Children, 2003.

2 comments:

  1. I'm beyond tickled that you found inspiration in something that I did. I *especially* love your "Scaredy Pigeon."

    I also think that we're covered under "parody" in terms of copyright (at least I hope so).

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond tickled that you commented on it! I giggled for days when I saw it and knew I just had to try my own! I forgot about parody copyright rules, I think we'll be ok! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete