Thursday, April 12, 2012

Salad > Pasta ???

The world may be ending. I made a salad so tasty, I almost didn't want to eat my pasta left overs with it. The salad was greens with a vinaigrette I made starting with Dijon mustard, whisked with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano, and a stream of olive oil. Then I sprinkled sliced almonds on top for crunch.  SO TASTY.

P.S. Don't worry...the world is not ending...about 20 minutes later, I ate my pasta. =)

P.P.S. I also want to try this one now. Broccolini Salad

2 comments:

  1. Please post the recipe or email it to me!! I don't eat sugar and it's soooo hard to find a good sugar-free one!

    gr3istheplace4me@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if this is what you want, but the salad was pretty simple - in a small bowl (big enough to get a whisk in) add:

    1 tablespooon Dijon Mustard
    1/2 teaspoon salt (kosher if you have it)
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespooon Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon oregano
    (You can also add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic)

    Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk together.

    In a different bowl, take a handful (about a cup) of your favorite greens (I've used spinach or a spring mix).

    Pour olive oil and mustard etc mixture over greens.

    Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of almonds on top (I crush them up in my fingers as I sprinkle).

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete